Johnny Tan thought it was rather bright that privilege cards were handed out to the right crowd to garner loyal patronage and free spending in his club. Apart from waivering cover charges, these members had good discounts on food and beverage. The idea was that the right crowd would attract the wrong crowd who would pay the wrong prices to cover the discounted prices.
Suhaimi was one of the early members. Indeed, he felt privileged as he was lavished with attentive service and he knew he paid less than the others. Ganesh was of the others. A gangly lad with bad skin, he bided his time because he would soon be part of the faceless privileged.
Business was brisk and Johnny felt vindicated. A good majority of the patrons became members. But Suhaimi didnt feel special anymore and the staff's attention was diluted amongst the Toms, Janes and Marys. Johnny being a good man, extended additional privileges to Suhaimi in recognition of his standing. Of course, this cycle of discounting didnt stop there. Toms, Janes and Marys insisted on it because they felt they have contributed to the success of the club.
Ganesh became privileged but not a member. It didnt matter as he was rewarded with the fruits of discontentment of others. Johnny had to end the discriminatory pricing practices as he was losing money and it became operationally inefficient to have multiple systems.
Thats not the end of Johnny's tale. Like all great leaders, he had a Turnaround Plan, littered with KPIs (key performance indicators), no less. Lessons were learnt and 2 KPIs were set:
30% increase in revenue Limit membership to 100 top spenders and reward them accordingly
The idea was to reward the selected members with points that could be exchanged for gifts as a result from their spending. Just like the credit card companies.
Suhaimi was member No. 8. He also got smarter after the first experiment. Ganesh became his quick buddy, and he extended his privileges to Ganesh provided he spends under his membership. Suhaimi gets his points, Ganesh gets his privilege pricing and unfortunately, Johnny gets a bigger debt. Screw the KPIs, the rakyat is happy.
"His holiday home in Martinique is featured in Travel and Living" "Hmmmm"
"He's flying in on his private jet this Friday" "mmmm oooooo ahhhhh"
"So I will reserve the seat next to him at dinner for you?" "Yes! Yes!
The one with the multiple orgasm is an A list local socialite although she will be amongst other A listers. Some Bs and Cs are thrown in to create a menu so extensive that a bite is hard to resist, second helpings are welcomed and doggie bagging is encouraged. Of course, the protaganist makes good commission and promises more fat cats in future. Forget Local, Go Global.
Whats disconcerting is not the fact that our 'best' women are hankering for a better lifestyle but the fact that the perceived growth of male millionaires in this country is just a fallacy. There's just too few genuine ones for too many 'best' women. This is better explained in another post which involves economic, political and social dissection. Stuff that people talk about in pubs.
One other thing...... the concerned A lister was/is currently in a relationship with the son of a local billionaire.
1. The Government is damn stupid. Shouldnt have changed a successful formula. Petrol price increased by 0.45 cents last year (albeit gradually), noone complained. A mere one time 0.30 cents jump, people react like goverment and Petronas owe them a living. Get real, the subsidized and overgeared lifestyle we've been used to has finally caught up.
2. This blogger needs help. The Lie Will Set You Free. A blend of fact, exaggerated truth, vicarious nominees and fantasy will let you write freely. The intend shouldnt be the accuracy of the story but the sanctity of the message.
3. This blogger really needs help. Size doesnt matter, they say. Of course it doesnt, when you dont have them. And when you DO have it, it doesnt matter either.
4. A 12 year old Bunny is no fun. Just had her and she didnt do me. I'm surprised Jim Murray rated her so highly. She lacked character, had the aroma of overgrown grass and tasted like cockroaches' pee.
5. This is a very tired blog. Read somewhere that 50% of new blogs will suffer a blog fade within 3 months. This blog is no longer a statistic, its 4 months old. Its also very sick and will take a short hiatus.
"The abuse of alcohol and women is the very condition of their (man's) aspiration, if not their genius... Proust". SMS received from this rather scrumptious doll at 6.45 pm.
"Free for a drink? Time we caught up. :)" . SMS received from an old female acquaintance at 6.46pm.
The first message wasnt sent en bloc. It was intended for the recipient as it was thought relevant. Claiming she's not deluded, she intends to unravel the mysteries of the truth. A quest of sorts. Poor sort.
The second message merely confirms the fact that women will never learn.
Ok, it was suppose to be inspiration and not aspiration. The context of the post changes but the message remains.